In addition to opening a new site at Hope Island on the Gold Coast [June 2020], our new site will now service patients for 3D Mammography Breast Tomosynthesis from July.
3D Mammography Breast Tomosynthesis will be bulk billed for patients at our Hope Island site.
- When compared to 2D mammography, is 27% more effective at detecting breast cancers
- When compared to 2D mammography, 40% more effective at detecting invasive breast cancers, and reduces false positives by 17%
- All Mammograms at all South Coast Radiology locations are read by two specially trained breast radiologists
- Available for both screening and diagnosis
- South Coast Radiology is proud to announce the acquisition of the latest breast imaging technology across ALL imaging locations, and continues to invest in state of the art digital mammography technology to improve patient access to the latest breast imaging technology for early detection of breast cancer
- Low dose 3D Mammography Breast Tomosynthesis digital technology provides greater clarity in dense breasts, greater accuracy in characterising abnormalities and earlier detection of breast cancer
South Coast Radiology Hope Island is officially open for business June 2020 and will offer convenient customer service such as same day appointments, acceptance of all referrals, free easy access parking, bulk billing for all Medicare eligible exams and prompt report turnaround times. Hope Island services will also include, Digital X-ray, Computed Tomography (CT), OPG, General Ultrasound, Obstetric Ultrasound and Interventional procedures.