GP Referral to Paediatric MRI Service
Billing Policy: All examinations that meet the criteria below will be bulk-billed to Medicare.
Patients: eligible items for patients aged 15 years and younger
Locations: all partially funded Medicare eligible scanners – Pindara, Southport and Robina
South Coast Radiology is the largest and most experienced provider of MRI services on the Gold Coast and Tweed region and has been providing MRI services to the Gold Coast since 1995. Our Hospital sites at Pindara and John Flynn hospitals, as well as our facilities at Southport and Robina are staffed by highly experienced MRI Radiologists and Technologists to provide the highest quality and most appropriate imaging and diagnosis to assist your treating Doctor.
- Scan of the head – unexplained seizures, headaches ( where significant pathology is suspected) and paranasal sinus pathology resistant to medical therapy
- Scan of spine for:
- - significant trauma*
- - unexplained neck or back pain with associated neurological signs*
- - unexplained back pain where significant pathology is suspected*
- Scan of knee for– internal joint derangement*
- Scan of hip for –suspected septic arthritis, Slipped capital femoral epiphysis or Perthes disease*
- Scan of elbow where a significant fracture or avulsion injury is suspected that will change management*
- Scan of wrist where scaphoid fracture is suspected*
*MRI can only be bulk-billed post x-ray examination of region. Note x-ray examination will be limited as clinically appropriate to minimise radiation dose